Get Employer Support to Attend
The 2022 Annual Convention is a professional development and educational opportunity for individuals working in histology, and we know you and your employer will benefit greatly from the knowledge and connections you will make from attending. We also understand it can be hard to get your employer to see the tremendous value that attending the NSH Convention offers. To help you gain employer support, we have created a list of benefits that might resonate with your employer. Additionally, we have created a sample letter to use when crafting your request.
Sample Employer Support Letter - Click Here
Presentation Proposal PPT Template - Click Here
Tips on Getting Employer Support
- Discuss the knowledge you will gain from attending and how it will benefit your work, laboratory, and colleagues.
- Highlight the things included with your event registration such as educational sessions (Over 100 CEUs) and networking opportunities with leaders in the industry, to discuss best practices and cost saving measures, plus time with vendors in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
- Consider submitting a poster to participate in the Scientific Poster Sessions to highlight work you and your lab have completed.
- With the new normal of a virtual world be sure to highlight some of the benefits of in person meetings (i.e., Clearer communication, fewer interruptions, strong relationship building, etc).
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the Convention.
- If your employer will be assisting with your expenses, provide an outline of cost estimates for registration, airfare, hotel, meals and transportation.
- Make a list of exhibitors you plan to visit whose products and services would be an asset to your lab. Share any informational material or samples from exhibitors you receive with your colleagues.
- Be sure to reassure your employer that safety precautions will be prevalent. In response to Covid-19 many businesses are moving towards more sustainable practices. Conferences and events can have a high carbon footprint, so expect to see eco-friendly technology, a paper usage and waste reduction, and an intentional focus on sustainable materials.
- Offer to deliver a short presentation upon your return that showcases what you learned during the week so your entire team can benefit from the knowledge you bring home.