The NSH Annual Symposium/Convention forms the largest educational event of its kind working to advance and promote the histology profession. NSH is the premier source of learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for histology professionals. Attendance provides resources, education, ideas and advocacy to enhance the performance in the laboratory and ultimately the best patient care.
The Symposium/Convention has the working laboratory in mind when planning 5 educational packed days of workshops. With so much to offer, you are able to have a flexible, customizable schedule. You can attend one workshop, 12 workshops or even the exhibit hall only. Customize a schedule that fits your time out of the lab and meets your educational and budget needs at the same time. With over 100 unique learning opportunities, we are confident that you will find the format that is right for you.
Symposium Dates: September 21-26, 2018
Scientific Exhibits: September 23-25, 2018
Sessions & Scientific Exhibits will take place at the America's Convention Center, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis. MO. Areas throughout downtown offer unique experiences for visitors like the Mercantile Exchange District located in the convention corridor along Washington Avenue which is a popular destination for dining and amazing music experiences. Of course, you don't want to miss the Gateway Arch, a 15 minute walk from the convention center. We can't wait to meet you in St. Louis!
NSH has secured a room blocks at nearby hotels. The rooms will be available for booking in early Spring 2018.
Who Should Attend
- Histotechs/Cytotechs in Clinical, Veterinary & Research Settings
- Pathologists and Pathology Assistants
- Lab Supervisors/Managers
- Scientists / Investigators / Researchers
- Students interested in a Histology Career
- Sample Management Technicians
- Study Directors/Monitors
- Lab Aids that Assist with Study Set Ups
- Anyone involved in the collection, processing and evaluation of human and animal tissue samples
Workshops - In depth educational sessions given by industry leaders covering all aspects of histology. Sessions run 90 minutes, or 3 hours (half-day)
Unique Learning Opportunities
- Computer Workshops - Hands-on workshops held in the Computer Lab. Attendees will have access to the use of a computer to enhance the learning experience. Attendance is limited
- Wet-Workshops - Hands-on workshops held with the purpose of demonstrating a technique or process. Participants work with and are exposed to equipment, specimens, chemicals and reagents. Attendance is limited
- Lecture Series - Gain a global perspective on the science and industry. Two days of Free One Hour Lectures!