The NSH Annual Symposium/Convention forms the largest educational event of its kind working to advance and promote the histology profession. NSH is the premier source of learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for histology professionals. Attendance provides resources, education, ideas and advocacy to enhance the performance in the laboratory and ultimately the best patient care.
The Symposium/Convention has the working laboratory in mind when planning 5 educational packed days of workshops. With so much to offer, you are able to have a flexible, customizable schedule. You can attend one workshop, 12 workshops or even the exhibit hall only. Customize a schedule that fits your time out of the lab and meets your educational and budget needs at the same time. With over 100 unique learning opportunities, we are confident that you will find the format that is right for you.
Symposium Dates: September 15-20, 2017
Scientific Exhibits: September 17-19, 2017
Sessions & Scientific Exhibits will take place in the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center. Located in the greater Orlando area - less than ten minutes from the main gates of Disney. The Gaylord Palms resort spans over 63 acres and celebrates Florida's history, culture and natural beauty in both architectural style and landscape design. The Resort includes an extravagant South Beach pool, Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, luxury spa, and state-of-the-art fitness center.
NSH has secured a limited number of rooms at the Gaylord Palms Resort. The rooms will be available for booking in early Spring 2017.
Who Should Attend
- Histotechs/Cytotechs in Clinical, Veterinary & Research Settings
- Pathologists and Pathology Assistants
- Lab Supervisors/Managers
- Scientists / Investigators / Researchers
- Students interested in a Histology Career
- Sample Management Technicians
- Study Directors/Monitors
- Lab Aids that Assist with Study Set Ups
- Anyone involved in the collection, processing and evaluation of human and animal tissue samples
Workshops - In depth educational sessions given by industry leaders covering all aspects of histology. Sessions run 90 minutes, or 3 hours (half-day)
Unique Learning Opportunities
- Computer Workshops - Hands-on workshops held in the Computer Lab. Attendees will have access to the use of a computer to enhance the learning experience. Attendance is limited
- Wet-Workshops - Hands-on workshops held with the purpose of demonstrating a technique or process. Participants work with and are exposed to equipment, specimens, chemicals and reagents. Attendance is limited
- Lecture Series - Gain a global perspective on the science and industry. Two days of Free One Hour Lectures!