The 42nd Annual NSH Symposium/Convention
Save the Date: September 16-21, 2016
In its 42nd year the NSH Annual Symposium/Convention forms the largest educational event of its kind working to advance and promote the histology profession. NSH is the premier source of learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for histology professionals. Attendance provides resources, education, ideas and advocacy to enhance the performance in the laboratory and ultimately the best patient care.
The Symposium/Convention has the working laboratory in mind when planning 5 educational packed days of workshops. With so much to offer, you are able to have a flexible, customizable schedule. You can attend one workshop, 12 workshops or even the exhibit hall only. Customize a schedule that fits your time out of the lab and meets your educational and budget needs at the same time. This year we are excited to introduce our 60 minute troubleshooting workshops along with our 90 minute & 3 hour sessions. With over 125 unique learning opportunities, we are confident that you will find the format that is right for you.
September 16 - 21, 2016
Sessions & Scientific Exhibits will take place in the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center . Located in the heart of downtown Long Beach,CA the Center is within walking distance to all convention hotels, shopping, dining, attractions, sightseeing along picturesque bays and 5 1/2 miles of sandy beach.
NSH has secured a limited number of rooms in the city of Long Beach at the following hotels Hyatt Regency Long Beach, Renaissance, The Westin Long Beach & Courtyard Marriott. The rooms will be available for booking in early Spring 2016.
Who Should Attend
- Lab Supervisors/Managers
- Histotechs/Cytotechs in Clinical, Veterinary and Research Settings
- Students interested in a Histology Career
- Histology/Histotechnology Teachers
- Anyone involved in the collection, processing and evaluation of tissue samples
Unique Learning Opportunities
- Workshops - In depth educational sessions given by industry leaders covering all aspects of histology. Sessions run 60 minutes, 90 minutes, or 3 hours (half-day)
- Computer Workshops - Hands-on workshops held in the Computer Lab. Attendees will have access to the use of a computer to enhance the learning experience. Attendance is limited
- Wet-Workshops - Hands-on workshops held with the purpose of demonstrating a technique or process. Participants work with and are exposed to equipment, specimens, chemicals and reagents. Attendance is limited
- Lecture Series – Gain a global perspective on the science and industry. Two days of Free One Hour Lectures!
Workshop Abstract Submissions
Submissions to be a workshop presenter at the 42 Annual NSH Symposium/Convention will be collected online at this website starting the middle of October. The deadline to submit an abstract is January 8, 2016.
Click the Logo for 2015 Convention Pages