NSH 41st Annual Symposium/Convention
In its 41st year the NSH Annual Symposium/Convention forms the largest educational event of its kind working to advance and promote the histology profession. NSH is the premier source of learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for histology professionals. Attendance provides resources, education, ideas and advocacy to enhance the performance in the laboratory and ultimately the best patient care.
The Symposium/Convention has the working laboratory in mind when planning 5 educational packed days of workshops. With so much to offer, you are able to have a flexible, customizable schedule. You can attend one workshop, 12 workshops or even the exhibit hall only. Customize a schedule that fits your time out of the lab and meets your educational and budget needs at the same time. This year we are excited to introduce our 60 minute troubleshooting workshops along with our 90 minute & 3 hour sessions. With over 125 unique learning opportunities, we are confident that you will find the format that is right for you.
Registration will open Spring 2015!
Sessions & Scientific Exhibits will take place in the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center. The resort is located in the beautiful waterfront entertainment district only 8 miles south of downtown Washington, DC. NSH has reserved rooms at the Gaylord and housing will open Spring 2015.
Who Should Attend
- Lab Supervisors/Managers
- Histotechs/Cytotechs in Clinical, Veterinary and Research Settings
- Students interested in a Histology Career
- Histology/Histotechnology Teachers
- Anyone involved in the collection, processing and evaluation of tissue samples
Unique Learning Opportunities
- Workshops - In depth educational sessions given by industry leaders covering all aspects of histology. Sessions run 90 minutes, 3 hours (half-day) or 6 hours (full-day)
- Computer Workshops - Hands-on workshops held in the Computer Lab. Attendees will have access to the use of a computer to enhance the learning experience. Attendance is limited
- Wet-Workshops - Hands-on workshops held with the purpose of demonstrating a technique or process. Participants work with and are exposed to equipment, specimens, chemicals and reagents. Attendance is limited
- Lecture Series – Gain a global perspective on the science and industry. Two days of Free One Hour Lectures!
Looking for Photos from past Symposium/Conventions? Click below to view photos taken in the past.
NSH Flickr Collection (a special thanks to Historian Skip Brown & Volunteer David Davis)